Creating a travel checklist before your trip helps you to save time and not feel insecure during the journeys. But not all checklist helps to cover essentials needed for all kinds of travelling. Travelling checklist differs because of the variation of destinations. Here is a packing checklist that might help you for your next trip:
Step one: Packing the right travel bag:
- Rolling Luggage: If you are travelling to places with well paved streets or your destination consists buildings with elevators, then this is the bag for you. Also, this kind of luggage can be useful for family trips.
- Duffel bag: Duffle bags are simple, lightweight and durable. These bags can work as a excellent extra bag option.
- Wheeled Backpack: Wheeled backpacks can be carried out if you have chances of going to various types of destinations with different sets of comfort zones in one trip.
Travel Bags; Image source: thewirecutter.com
- Travel Backpack: This kind of bag are the favorites of adventure junkies. They are sporty and easy to carry. You can use this kind in any kind of travelling you want.
- Carry On: Carry ons effectively prevent the risk of over packing. You can choose to travel with only this type of bags to save you time at the airports and never have to worry about losing your bags.
Step two: Choose the best travel techs:
- Smart phone: Smart phones help on to upload their travel pictures, navigate places and connect with their friends, family etc. You might consider taking the best kind of smartphone or rent one which will allow you to use all the options and take great pictures too!
- A good camera with a spare memory card: The term ‘good camera’ totally depends on how serious you are about photographing. Also, take a spare memory card with you in case you run out of space. You can rent go-pros or buy on to take pictures underwater or in extreme situations.
- A drone: This is totally optional. A drone is only necessary if one is very serious about doing travel vlogs. DJI Phantom, DJI Mavic are some of the coolest drones that can be considered. There are also smaller drones which are not that much heavy to carry around.
- Noise Cancelling Headphones: Music plays a great part in our lives and in our trips. There will be times when you just want to shut the world out, sitting in a serene place and only want to hear the sound of a particular instrumental or a song. Noise cancelling headphones can help you with that.
- Adapter Plug: Different countries often require different sets of adapters. So, to get everything covered, pack a multi adapter.
- Power Bank: Power Banks will help you to charge your phones and other gears in times of need.
- Bluetooth Speaker: This is also optional. If you want to enjoy some good music with your travel buddies you can tune in some good music with your Bluetooth speakers and enjoy a good time.
Step three: Let’s get some comfort:
- Travel Pillow: People sometimes suffer adjusting their necks while sitting in the seats. Long journeys need sleeping breaks to keep pace with them. Travel pillows can help giving the right kind of comfort during these times and also take up very little space.
- Eye Mask and Ear Plugs: Eye masks helps you to block the lights in vehicles and ear plugs will help in shutting out the sound. This will ensure you a sound sleep.
- Foldable Water Bottles: This might seem unrealistic to some people but there are actually water bottles existing which can be folded. This becomes helpful in hiking trips.
- Travel Moisture and Lip Balms: It is important to keep your skin moisturized and keep your lips from looking dry while travelling. These are the things that will help you look good in snaps.
- Pens and Sketchbooks: Pens are important to always keep with oneself. Also if you an artist or like to keep sketches of the places you visit, bring a sketchbook with you during the trip.
Step four: Setting up a capsule wardrobe:
The hardest task is to decide which clothes are you going to take in your trip. Let it be men or women, people spend endless times to pack their clothes and sometimes tend to overdo it. In this case you can use ‘packing cubes’. They come with laundry bags and are usually made from water resistant material. The laundry bags will help you to separate dirty clothes from the fresh ones.
Step five: Pack Your Toiletries:
These are the things that you will need to pack:
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Toothbrush Cover & Floss
- Sunscreen & Aftersun
- Shampoo & Conditioner (if you’re not likely to be staying in fancy hotels where this is provided)
- Wet Wipes/Make Up Remover Wipes/Face wash
- Tweezers + Mini Mirror
- Travel Towel
- Hair Bobbles/Bobby Pins
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Hair gel/hairspray/anti-humidity spray etc.
Step Six: Packing medical supplies:
Carry the medicines and buy/pack a small travel first aid kit to carry with you. This is a must.
Step Seven: Organize Travel Documents:
Check and re-check if you have your passports, visas, cash, credit cards, travel insurance information, flyer cards, hotel contacts with you.